This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Living in Emergency: Stories of Doctors Without Borders is a documentary by movie director Mark Hopkins. It tells the story of four doctors and their volunteer work in Liberia and the Democratic Rep

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Indra Krishnamurthy Nooyi is the chairwoman and CEO of PepsiCo, which is the world's fourth-largest food and beverage company. She broke the mould at PepsiCo as all previous CEOs were white American men. Nooyi was fifth on Time magazines 2007 list of

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

Cristina Kirchner (born February 19, 1953) is an Argentine lawyer and the current President of Argentina. She is the wife of former President Nestor Kirchner. Before she became president, she was a Senator for Buenos Aires and First Lady during her h

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

影片对白 Sid: That's it. Can I just, you know, look at it for a minute? Michael: You're an artist, Sid. Sid: You're telling me you're just gonna walk out of here and I'm never going to see it again. Michael: There's a good chance of that, yes.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

影片对白 Lincoln: It's great to see your face. Veronica: I think it's time you quit the charade, don't you? Lincoln: What? Veronica: It's starting to ruin people's lives. Michael's in here because he thinks you're innocent. Lincoln: He told you. Ver

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

影片对白 Sara: So, you're married. Michael: Uh, well... not in the traditional sense of the word. Sara: Michael, we're both adults, put your cards on the table . Okay, I'll got first. Um... as one of the very few women around here, I'm used to a cer

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

影片对白 T-bag: Been doing a little, uh, thinking. I'm gonna need a PI card, aren't I? I mean that's where this whole thing is happening, isn't it? Abruzzi: It's on its way. T-bag: You're slow-walking me, aren't you? Abruzzi: Why would I do such a t

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

影片对白 Nick: We need to focus on the real question. Who wanted Terrence Steadman dead? Veronica: The call came from DC. What does that tell you? Nick: You got to think past the government, though. Anybody could be here. A business partner, a rival

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

影片对白 Michael: Haywire. You ever thought of breaking out? Haywire: What the hell would I do out there? Michael: Not be here. Haywire: Halfway houses, psych visits, meds, checking in with a P.O ., urine tests, keeping a job... No. Why you ask? Mic

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

影片对白 Veronica: Hello! Leticia: Don't you move a muscle . Veronica: Take it easy, Leticia. Leticia: You're working with them, aren't you? Think I'm stupid, lady? I hear the clicks on my phone, I see the cars out there on the street. Veronica: I k

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

Todd: What sports are you into? Wendi: I like everything. I do everything. Todd: Really! Wendi: Yeah. Todd: Whats the last sport you played? Wendi: The last sport I played Im just looking at my calendar the last sport I played was probably Ultimate F

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: Now have you actually ever played in an organized league, like an Ultimate Frisbee league? Wendi: Yeah, I organize leagues. Todd: Oh, you do? Wendi: Yeah, I organize leagues and I represent Canada at Worlds and played against the Japanese teams

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Puth La, 62, an ethnic minority Suy woman, standing next to a digger that villagers say is being used by a Singaporean company to destroy thousands of hectares of land they claim as their own in the province of Kampong Speu, south-west of the capital

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

US Soldier Sentenced to Life in Prison for Afghan Atrocities A military panel in the U.S. state of Washington has sentenced U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Calvin Gibbs to life in prison for killing Afghan villagers for sport and cutting off their body part

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

Guantanamo Prison Hunger Strike Grows It is a daily routine at the detention facility; military staff, including a medical team, check to see who is eating and who is not. For the staff at Joint Task Force Guantanamo - whose mandate is to be safe, hu

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

Priscilla Ahn 是一个会很多乐器的创作歌手,在2006年11月份发行过一张EP,这张A Good Day是她真正意义上的个人首张专辑。在这张专辑中,Dream清新自然,虽不特别,却富有感情,令人沉醉。同名主打歌A Good Day仿佛天籁,唤醒一双双疲惫的双耳;Leave The Light On是一

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 17 June 2007 Lesotho women draped in blankets walk to a voting station set in a school in the village of Machache (FilePhoto -17 Feb 2007) The World Food Program says the tiny South African country of Lesotho needs urgent inter

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)

In Egypt, a shortage of subsidized bread has resulted in long lines and occasional clashes in which several people have been killed. The president has ordered the army to use its bakeries to try to end the bread crisis, but the roots of the problem a

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年3月

Hanna: OK, so we were talking about finance, so we're just going to talk a little bit about the financial crisis. What do you think about it? Diego: I think the financial crisis is a huge mess and a lot of people don't really understand how it happen

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Case of 33 children allegedly abducted by a group of Americans illustrates the plight of children separated from parents Mike O'Sullivan | Port-au-Prince 05 February 2010 A boy with a pink tape on his shirt that previously had his name written on it,

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)